The UK Energy Research Centre (UKERC) carries out world-class research into sustainable future energy systems. UKERC's current research focusses on the increasingly contested and uncertain nature of energy system change; this includes a core research programme and a flexible Research Fund.
UKERC's core research programme focuses on six research themes:
- Theme 1: Future energy system pathways
- Theme 2: Resources & vectors
- Theme 3: Energy systems at multiple scales
- Theme 4: Energy, economy & societal preferences
- Theme 5: Decision-making
- Theme 6: Technology & policy assessment