Contemporary Approaches to Sustainability in European Cities
1:00 PM - 6:30 PM, 20 September 2018
The Academy of Urbanism , West Park Conference Centre 319 Perth Road Dundee DD2 1NN , United Kingdom
The Academy of Urbanism and University of Dundee are delighted to convene a special event to consider the application of contemporary strategies to make medium-sized cities more sustainable in environmental, socio-economic and cultural terms.
They have invited senior speakers from leading AoU European City Finalists, including Bilbao, Aarhus, Freiburg and Ljubljana together with additional input from Scottish and UK specialists.
13.00 Registration and Networking
14.00 Welcome + Introduction
14.10 AoU City Assessments – David Rudlin AoU
14.25 International seminar with 4 talks
16.30 Q & A
- Bilbao – Asier Abaunza Robles, Councillor and City planner of Bilbao City Council
- Aarhus – Stephen Willacy, City Architect, City of Aarhus
- Ljubljana – Liljana Jankovic Grobelsek, City Municipality of Ljubljana
- Freiburg – Wulf Daseking, Former Head of Urban Planning, City of Freiburg
- Scotland – Ian Gilzean, Chief Architect, Scottish Government