How might Energy Demand Research respond to the Climate Emergency?
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM, 3 April 2020
The Crystal One Siemens Brothers Way London, E16 1GB, United Kingdom
Purpose of the day
- To discuss what we might do to respond to the climate emergency
- To think about the way we do our research and the impact it has
- To allow researchers from academia and the third sector to meet and learn from each other
The central question is
How can research have a real-world impact by providing evidence that is both robust and timely? This is not just about the content of our research but the way we do it – the timing, methods, reward structures, publication processes, funding mechanisms, career reward structures, etc. – that inform what we do and how we do it.
We have designed a stimulating, thought-provoking day that we hope will form the basis of future collaborations.
The intended outcomes of the event are to:
- Develop better networks across sectors and more awareness of each other’s work
- Facilitate new collaborations
- Provide material for an internal briefing to the research community and an external briefing to our institutional stakeholders such as funders and publishers.