Review of Energy Policy 2019
3:00 PM - 6:30 PM, 9 December 2019
UKERC , Senate House, WC1E 7HU, United Kingdom
Join us as we launch our flagship publication, our Review of Energy Policy 2019.
With the government enshrining in law the commitment to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050, the report highlights some key policy priorities for the next government to meet this target. It includes contributions from each of our seven new research themes, which will be our focus for the next five years - including heat, industry, transport, local energy and the implications of global changes (including our changing relationship with the EU).
Agenda and timings
The report launch will run from 15.00 – 17.00, this will be comprised of a presentation of the key recommendations, followed by a panel discussion. After the launch we will hold a networking reception 17.00-18.30.
- 15.00-15.20: Introduction and briefing overview, Professor Jim Watson, UKERC Director, UCL
- 15.20-15.35: Transport, Prof Jillian Anable, UKERC Co-Director, University of Leeds
- 15.35-15.50: Industry, Prof Peter Taylor, UKERC Co-Director, University of Leeds
- 15.50-16.50: Panel discussion
- Rebecca Newsom, Head of Politics, Greenpeace
- Tanisha Beebee , Senior policy Advisor, CBI
- Josh Burke, Policy Fellow, LSE Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and Environment
- Polly Billington, Director, UK100
- 16.50-17.00: Conclusions and wrap up
- 17.00-18.30: Networking reception