H2FC Supergen Hydrogen Research Conference 2020
10:00 AM 17 February - 2:30 PM 18 February 2020
We are pleased to announce that the H2FC SUPERGEN is holding its 2020 Researcher Conference from 17th until the 18th February 2020 at the University of Nottingham. Join us at the most significant annual gathering of international hydrogen and fuel cell researchers in the United Kingdom.
Bringing together the entire hydrogen and fuel cell research community, inspiring collaboration and driving innovation.
Hydrogen and and Fuel Cells are gaining an increasing level of attention from both industry and governments in the UK and around the world. This conference will include insights and observations on the status and future of the industry, through presentations from key representatives working in government, industry and academia. The discussions will cover not only the research developments and challenges but also new and exciting opportunities for hydrogen and fuel cell research.
The conference will have six plenary speakers, in addition to keynotes for each of the themes and two parallel sessions of talks. There will also be a 3-minute-thesis (3MT) competition and poster sessions.
We have five confirmed plenary speakers:
- Fiona Landy – Scottish Cities Alliance
- Professor Gavin Walker – University of Nottingham
- Dr Stuart Hawksworth – HSE, UK
- Dr Michael Hirscher – Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Stuttgart
- Dr Sam French – Johnson Matthey
- Christian Walter – Sunfire
The topics will focus on research developments on hydrogen, fuel cells and their applications, with focus on, but not exclusivity to, the themes below:
- Theme 1: Hydrogen Production
- Theme 2: Hydrogen Storage
- Theme 3: Fuel Cells
- Theme 4: Hydrogen/Fuel Cell Systems and Applications
- Theme 5: Hydrogen Safety
- Theme 6: The role of hydrogen and fuel cells in the energy system
- Theme 7: Policy, economic and social aspects of hydrogen and fuel cell technologies
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS OPEN – extended until 8 December
We call for PhD students and early career researchers, along with academics and industrialists to provide an abstracts for the conference detailing their research and giving an overview of the results they wish to present by 8 December.
Please submit your abstract using the submission through our google form! You will need to indicate whether your submission is for an oral or poster presentation, and you will also need to provide the abstract in the following format.
- Introduction – Please provide a brief description of the challenge within broader context.
- Objectives – Please provide a brief description of objectives and methodology.
- Results – Please provide key results and insights of your research to date.
If you would like to send us on a photo/image to accompany your abstract, please email them to H2FC SUPERGEN Researcher Conference (email@example.com).
We encourage PhD students, who are not giving a oral presentation, to join the 3-minute-thesis (3MT) competition, summarising their research in a three minute presentation. There will be prizes for the best poster and 3MT presentation
Click here to submit your abstract: http://bit.ly/H2FCSupergen2020Form
The conference will be held at:
University of Nottingham, Trent Building, Jubilee Avenue, Nottingham, England, NG7 2QH
Please visit our Eventbrite page to register for the conference: https://h2fcsupergen.eventbrite.co.uk/
- Students £80*
- Non Students £170*
*Registration includes the conference dinner.