UKERC International Energy Summer School 2015
5 - 10 July 2015
UKERC , Wyboston Lakes, MK44 3AL, United Kingdom
The UKERC International Energy Summer School is an advanced school for future leaders in sustainable energy
- Understand the global commercial, political, innovation and technological challenges in the transition to a low-carbon system.
- Be involved in high level debate on energy technologies and research priorities in a number of key research areas, from demand reduction to future sources of energy.
- Be presented with a number of contrasting international perspectives on energy.
- Have the opportunity to network with key academic, and energy research contacts.
- Research, develop, negotiate and agree a collective vision for a low-carbon energy system with the opportunity to apply your current research and present the work to the UK Energy Research Centre.
- Develop and practice professional skills in communication and engagement.
This year's school was held under the theme of future leaders in sustainable energy and ran from 5-10 July at Wyboston Lakes near Cambridge in the beautiful English countryside. Mnay thanks to all who attended.
- Overview of the Energy Sector, Jim Watson, UKERC
- Smart Energy and Smart Grids, Dave Openshaw, UKPN
- Energy & Entrepreneurship, Sara Bell, Tempus Energy
- Community Energy, Emma Bridge, Community Energy England
- Globalisation of gas, Gavin Bridge, University of Durham
- Advanced Generation Technology and Policy, Terry Surles, Univeristy of Hawaii
- Energy Efficiency, Ted Brown, Energy Savings Trust
- Nuclear Energy, Bill Nuttall, Open University (available on request)
- The challenges of decarbonising space and water heating, Robert Sansom, Imperial College
- Energy conservation in an environment of natural and cultural heritage, Kirsty Rice, National Trust
- Decarbonisation and energy efficiency: the automotive sector, Peter Wells, Univeristy of Cardiff
- Carbon Capture and Storage - Terry Surles
- Solar Fuels, Moritz Kuehnel
- Energy Storage as a Component of Future Electricity Grid Systems - Terry Surles
- What is a sustainable energy system and how do we achieve it? - Peter Taylor
- Green banks, green bonds, carbon trading, yieldcos and more - Ian Temperton
- Enterprise in the Energy Sector - Mike Colechin