What’s in a bill? How UK household electricity prices compare to other countries
1:30 PM - 3:15 PM, 30 October 2018
House of Lords - Committee Room G Parliament Square, SW1A 0PW , United Kingdom
UKERC and Carbon Connect are hosting a parliamentary launch for UKERC’s latest publication - a systematic review comparing household energy bills and costs in the UK with those in Germany, France, Sweden and Australia.
By focusing on the different elements that make up energy bills, this research sheds light on the extent that policy costs contribute to consumers’ bills, providing new insights on the debate around energy bills in the UK.
Following an introduction by Professor Jim Watson, Dr Rob Gross and Dr Phil Heptonstall will present the key findings from the research. This will be followed by a panel discussion, chaired by Adam Vaughan, Energy Correspondent at The Guardian.
Panel members include:
- Rachel Reeves, MP for Leeds West and Chair, BEIS Committee
- Baroness McIntosh of Pickering
- Richard Hall, Chief Energy Economist, Citizens Advice
- John Penrose, MP for Weston, Worle & The Villages
- Dr Rob Gross, UKERC Theme Leader, Imperial College London