Research Fellow - Energy Storage Control, University of Warwickhttp://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BFJ564/research-fellow-energy-storage-control-81140-117/
Posted 02 November 2017
£29,799 to £38,833 pa
Closing date: 30 November 2017
Fixed Term Contract until 30/6/2022 (2 posts available).
The WMG Electrical and Energy Systems Group specialises in multidisciplinary research addressing the challenges of sustainable mobility that include the integration of complex electrical systems, energy storage and management and advanced propulsion. The Group has an exciting opportunity for two Research Fellows who possess a successful track record in control engineering, real-time simulation and hardware-in-the-loop testing. The position is focussed on the design, development and testing of the new battery management system (BMS) control algorithms that are required to realise future advances in electric vehicles (EVs).
The successful candidates will be able to evidence their capability in a subset of the following areas:
- Model-based control engineering, including the use of software packages such as MATLAB, Simulink and dSPACE for automatic code generation and control system verification.
- Related battery management control requirements, such as the need for accurate and robust state-of-charge or state-of-health estimation.
- Underpinning control methodologies, such as state estimation, predictive or intelligent control.
- The use of embedded software and hardware systems for real-time control.
- Real-time simulation and hardware-in-the-loop test methods, including techniques for test automation and distributed real-time computing.
- The use of telematics and its integration with system control and diagnosis.
- Good experience or a deep interest in the fields of electric vehicles, renewable energy or connected and autonomous vehicles.
In return we will provide a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.