The UKERC Energy Data Centre (UKERC EDC), based at the STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, hosts energy data for users in the public, private, and third sectors.
It provides an up-to-date understanding of the UK energy research landscape, particularly in terms of activities, their location, inter-relationships, major achievements, and outputs.
- Projects Catalogue: a searchable data set that reveals the range and diversity of UK public sector energy research as a tool for identifying new opportunities for research and collaboration.
- Data Catalogue including such data sets as an appliance-by-appliance and whole-home power demand for UK homes; baseline energy use and emissions for key process industries; and half-hourly electricity daily load profiles for standard UK profile class definitions.
- 'Landscapes and roadmaps' describing current research activity across the UK energy research landscape and outlining future plans.
UKERC Publications Catalogue
Deposit your data
UKERC EDC is keen to acquire energy data sets of value to energy researchers. Depositing your data with us guarantees:
- A safe and secure data storage facility, with data held in the long-established NERC-funded Centre for Environmental Data Analysis at the STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory.
- Storage of very large data sets in the terabyte range.
- Capacity to hold confidential data as well as open- or restricted-access data sets.
- One of small number of British Library-authorised DOI data mints. We mint data with a DOI for inclusion in data journals such as Nature Scientific Data.
Please contact the EDC Manager if you would like to deposit data or learn more about UKERC EDC.