IVUGER Funding Retreat
01 Feb 2019
21-22 March 2019
Shendish Manor, London Rd, Hemel Hempstead HP3 0AA
IVUGER presents a unique opportunity for female Early Career Researchers (ECRs) to apply for up to £12,000 to support collaborative research projects through a FREE 2-day residential funding retreat. This is a great opportunity to accelerate your career, raise your profile in the UK energy space, build new collaborations and improve your record in attracting research funding.
To attend, candidates must be undertaking research related to decarbonisation of energy systems (including both fundamental and applied concepts, all disciplines are encouraged to apply). IVUGER funding retreat is supported by the UKERC Whole Systems Networking Fund.
The FREE funding retreat provides an excellent opportunity to:
- Work in groups to write a 2-page funding proposal
- Present your proposal to an expert panel where you have the chance to be awarded up to £12,000 in funding
- Receive support and feedback on your proposal
- Attend optional breakout sessions to help you accelerate your career, in particular information about fellowship applications, CVs and what funders are looking for in ideal candidates.
- leave with a wealth of advice and tools around how to continue to be successful with funding applications
Who can apply?
- 30 places are available for female ECRs – Postdoctoral research associates and postdoctoral research fellows.
- Candidates must have a confirmed position at a university or institute within the UK and must be employed at this university/institute for the duration of the proposed project.
The event will be facilitated by:
- Dr Liz Elvidge, Head of the Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre, Imperial College London and co-author of the recently published book What Every Postdoc Needs to Know
- Dr Karen Hinxman, Consultant, Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre, Imperial College London
- An expert multidisciplinary panel
In order to make this event as accessible as possible, travel and childcare support funds are available to attend this event.
Deadline for registration: 16.59 pm February 27th 2019
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Dr Gbemi Oluleye and Dr Zoe M Harris
Related Publications (3)
This report summarises the key findings from the Whole Systems Networking Fund.
Research Report 11 Jul 2019
Regen has run the Solar Commission, a project that has been set up as part of the UKERC Whole Systems Network Fund. This report presents the conclusions of the Commission.
This report explores the current state of gender balance in UK energy research. Researchers looked at the data and talked to female energy researchers about their experience of securing research funding.
UKERC researcher Caterina Brandoni shares some lessons learned in the one-year project Women Buying Green.
In this blog, Zoya Pourmirza describes the workshop they hosted on Heat as a Service (HaaS) bringing together Energy System Catapult, Bristol Energy, Citizens Advice, UKERC's Heat Network, EPSRC and more.
by Long Seng To 03 Oct 2019
Many low-income countries are vulnerable to natural hazards, long-term processes of ecological degradation, and global climate change. Project lead Long Seng To, of Loughborough University, writes, with an accompanying short film.
Heating engineers are absolutely central to heating in the UK and are therefore going to be a huge part of the UK’s heat transformation (if it happens), writes Richard Lowes.
Blog by 20 Jun 2019
A collaboration between charity 10:10 Climate Action and professors at Manchester Metropolitan University, a game based on the real life challenges involved in heat decarbonisation has now been launched.
Networking Fund Event, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, 24 October 2019
Centre for Sustainable Technologies, Ulster University, Belfast, United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 16 September 2019
IVUGER, London South Bank University, United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM, 9 July 2019
Regen, House of Lords, Houses of Parliament, Parliament Square, London, United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 12 June 2019
Centre for Sustainable Technologies, Loughview Suite, Floor H, Block 8 Ulster University Shore Road, Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, 21 May 2019
University of Birmingham, Murray Learning Centre, Building R28,University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Share this page