IVUGER Funding Retreat
01 Feb 2019
21-22 March 2019
Shendish Manor, London Rd, Hemel Hempstead HP3 0AA
IVUGER presents a unique opportunity for female Early Career Researchers (ECRs) to apply for up to £12,000 to support collaborative research projects through a FREE 2-day residential funding retreat. This is a great opportunity to accelerate your career, raise your profile in the UK energy space, build new collaborations and improve your record in attracting research funding.
To attend, candidates must be undertaking research related to decarbonisation of energy systems (including both fundamental and applied concepts, all disciplines are encouraged to apply). IVUGER funding retreat is supported by the UKERC Whole Systems Networking Fund.
The FREE funding retreat provides an excellent opportunity to:
- Work in groups to write a 2-page funding proposal
- Present your proposal to an expert panel where you have the chance to be awarded up to £12,000 in funding
- Receive support and feedback on your proposal
- Attend optional breakout sessions to help you accelerate your career, in particular information about fellowship applications, CVs and what funders are looking for in ideal candidates.
- leave with a wealth of advice and tools around how to continue to be successful with funding applications
Who can apply?
- 30 places are available for female ECRs – Postdoctoral research associates and postdoctoral research fellows.
- Candidates must have a confirmed position at a university or institute within the UK and must be employed at this university/institute for the duration of the proposed project.
The event will be facilitated by:
- Dr Liz Elvidge, Head of the Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre, Imperial College London and co-author of the recently published book What Every Postdoc Needs to Know
- Dr Karen Hinxman, Consultant, Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre, Imperial College London
- An expert multidisciplinary panel
In order to make this event as accessible as possible, travel and childcare support funds are available to attend this event.
Deadline for registration: 16.59 pm February 27th 2019
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Dr Gbemi Oluleye and Dr Zoe M Harris
Network News 14 Dec 2018
We are thrilled to launch our new animation!
Network News 22 Nov 2018
Our challenges are interconnected, so our thinking has to be too. That's why we at UKERC promote the "whole systems" approach. This week Grant Wilson launches a survey asking how we should teach the next generation of energy researchers.
Blog 15 Nov 2018
On the first IVUGER event, female early-career professionals working in the broad field of decarbonisation of energy, will be gathering. Registration is open.
25 Oct 2018
UKERC and 1010 are delighted to announce that ‘The Heat Network’, a project which forms part of the UKERC Whole Systems Networking Fund is now up and running. The project will use a combination of survey work, workshops and publications to for the first time pull together those researching and innovating around sustainable heating. The first step is a survey.
Ever wondered why there aren’t more women working, innovating and researching in the energy sector?
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 13 February 2019
Centre for Sustainable Technologies, Ulster University , Loughview Suite, Floor H, Block 8, Ulster University, Shore Road, Newtownabbey , United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM, 25 June 2018
Imperial College, Central London (venue TBC), United Kingdom
Share this page