IVUGER Networking & Mentoring event, 29th November 2018
15 Nov 2018
The IVUGER (Increasing Visibility of Underrepresented Groups in Energy Research) project aims to create a network of unique, innovative and impactful diverse women, and to provide them with the space and resources to establish long-term, meaningful collaborations. IVUGER is funded by the UKERC Whole Systems Networking Fund.
In the long-run, this network will act as a central hub for academics, policy-makers and industry to source collaborators who work in industrial and domestic heat decarbonisation.
Networking and Mentoring
On the first IVUGER event, female early-career professionals working in the broad field of decarbonisation of energy, will be gathering at 170 Queens Gate, SW7 5HF, on the 29th November 2018.
This event will allow for participants from all across the country to:
- Network with fellow researchers, from varied disciplines related to decarbonisation of heat;Develop their skills in career assertiveness and persuasive communication;
- Receive group mentoring during the day, from a female leader excelling in this sector.
- Professor Gioia Falcone, Rankine Chair of Energy Engineering, University of Glasgow
- Dr Rebecca Heaton, UK Climate Change Commissioner and Group Head of Sustainability and Policy at Drax Group
- Professor Furong Li (Professor of Energy Engineering, University of Bath)
- Dr Jhuma Sadhukhan, Reader Centre for Environment and Sustainability, University of Surrey
- Dr Ina Colombo, Deputy Director General International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR), Paris, France
- Dr Rosa Cuellar Franca, Lecturer in Sustainable Chemical Engineering, University of Manchester
- Dr Tamaryn Napp, Research Fellow The Grantham Institute for Climate Change, Imperial College London
- Dr Miao Guo, EPSRC Research Fellow, Centre for Process Systems Engineering, Imperial College London)
Participants will also get the chance to attend a second event, which will build upon the networks gained from this day, and have an opportunity to prepare a proposal for seed funding which we will award (up to £12,000) during a two-day residential writing retreat in March 2019.
Registrations for the 29th November are still open. We welcome all early-career female professionals to join us. A broad variety of disciplines related to decarbonisation is also highly encouraged. Travel bursaries are available for attendance of both events.
Register today. The IVUGER team looks forward to meeting you.
- Ana Laranjeira, IVUGER Researcher: email@example.com
- Dr Gbemi Oluleye, IVUGER Co-Principal Investigator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Zoe M Harris, IVUGER Principal Investigator: email@example.com
Related Publications (2)
Research Report 11 Jul 2019
Regen has run the Solar Commission, a project that has been set up as part of the UKERC Whole Systems Network Fund. This report presents the conclusions of the Commission.
Two weeks ago we published this report on the challenge of rapidly decarbonising our energy system can’t be addressed if only half of the population is involved.
A collaboration between charity 10:10 Climate Action and professors at Manchester Metropolitan University, a game based on the real life challenges involved in heat decarbonisation is on the horizon.
Blog 09 May 2019
In one of the latest Whole Systems Networking Fund events, the IVUGER network hosted a writing retreat. With the network growing, it was a resounding success...
by Grant Wilson 28 Mar 2019
As we approach the end of this year’s teaching, we are counting down to the inaugural TeachEnergy workshop to start to create a community of practice around teaching energy.
Decarbonising heating systems in the UK presents a major challenge. UKERC and University of Exeter researcher Richard Lowes offers 10 steps to make it a reality.
A UKERC-funded workshop brought together researchers with expertise in energy, environmental and behavioural economics, stakeholders and industry to understand the role of age, latency, gender and how to empower the next generation of elderly women for a transition to low-carbon technologies at the household level.
Networking Fund Event, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM, 9 July 2019
Regen, House of Lords, Houses of Parliament, Parliament Square, London, United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 12 June 2019
Centre for Sustainable Technologies, Ulster University , Loughview Suite, Floor H, Block 8 Ulster University Shore Road, Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, 21 May 2019
University of Birmingham, Murray Learning Centre, Building R28,University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
9:30 AM 2 May - 2:30 PM 9 May 2019
10:10, Museum of London, United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM, 30 April 2019
10:10, Museum of London, United Kingdom
Share this page