Whole Systems Networking Fund: project announcement
16 Feb 2018
The first call received a large number of high quality applications from a range of institutions around the UK and across the energy sector. We are pleased to announce the results of the first call, with successful projects listed below.
Loughborough University & Oxford Policy Management
- A networking project between researchers, policy-makers and practitioners working on energy resilience in sub-Saharan Africa, South-East Asia and the UK.
- Networking and skills-building events for women in the energy sector, with a particular focus on connecting researchers with policy-makers.
- A project to identify women working in energy and whole systems energy research, and to run a series of online and offline networking events to highlight the capacity of women in the energy sector.
Queen Mary University London, University of Aberdeen & University of St Andrews
- A joint project between several global institutions to further the role of law in delivering the low-carbon economy whilst exploring/improving definitions of ‘justice’ and the idea of a ‘just transition’.
Environmental Defense Fund Europe
- A series of workshops to coproduce recommendations that incorporate diverse perspectives from stakeholders across the energy sector in relation to a specific Bill being put to the House of Lords.
More information about each the projects will be available soon.
Related Publications (2)
Research Report 11 Jul 2019
Regen has run the Solar Commission, a project that has been set up as part of the UKERC Whole Systems Network Fund. This report presents the conclusions of the Commission.
This report explores the current state of gender balance in UK energy research. Researchers looked at the data and talked to female energy researchers about their experience of securing research funding.
by Long Seng To 03 Oct 2019
Many low-income countries are vulnerable to natural hazards, long-term processes of ecological degradation, and global climate change. Project lead Long Seng To, of Loughborough University, writes, with an accompanying short film.
Heating engineers are absolutely central to heating in the UK and are therefore going to be a huge part of the UK’s heat transformation (if it happens), writes Richard Lowes.
A collaboration between charity 10:10 Climate Action and professors at Manchester Metropolitan University, a game based on the real life challenges involved in heat decarbonisation has now been launched.
Blog 09 May 2019
In one of the latest Whole Systems Networking Fund events, the IVUGER network hosted a writing retreat. With the network growing, it was a resounding success...
by Grant Wilson 28 Mar 2019
As we approach the end of this year’s teaching, we are counting down to the inaugural TeachEnergy workshop to start to create a community of practice around teaching energy.
Networking Fund Event, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, 24 October 2019
Centre for Sustainable Technologies, Ulster University, Belfast, United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM, 16 September 2019
IVUGER, London South Bank University, United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM, 9 July 2019
Regen, House of Lords, Houses of Parliament, Parliament Square, London, United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 12 June 2019
Centre for Sustainable Technologies, Loughview Suite, Floor H, Block 8 Ulster University Shore Road, Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Networking Fund Event, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, 21 May 2019
University of Birmingham, Murray Learning Centre, Building R28,University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Share this page