Whole Systems Networking Fund: project announcement
16 Feb 2018
The first call received a large number of high quality applications from a range of institutions around the UK and across the energy sector. We are pleased to announce the results of the first call, with successful projects listed below.
Loughborough University & Oxford Policy Management
- A networking project between researchers, policy-makers and practitioners working on energy resilience in sub-Saharan Africa, South-East Asia and the UK.
- Networking and skills-building events for women in the energy sector, with a particular focus on connecting researchers with policy-makers.
- A project to identify women working in energy and whole systems energy research, and to run a series of online and offline networking events to highlight the capacity of women in the energy sector.
Queen Mary University London, University of Aberdeen & University of St Andrews
- A joint project between several global institutions to further the role of law in delivering the low-carbon economy whilst exploring/improving definitions of ‘justice’ and the idea of a ‘just transition’.
Environmental Defense Fund Europe
- A series of workshops to coproduce recommendations that incorporate diverse perspectives from stakeholders across the energy sector in relation to a specific Bill being put to the House of Lords.
More information about each the projects will be available soon.
Network News 14 Dec 2018
We are thrilled to launch our new animation!
Network News 22 Nov 2018
Our challenges are interconnected, so our thinking has to be too. That's why we at UKERC promote the "whole systems" approach. This week Grant Wilson launches a survey asking how we should teach the next generation of energy researchers.
Blog 15 Nov 2018
On the first IVUGER event, female early-career professionals working in the broad field of decarbonisation of energy, will be gathering. Registration is open.
25 Oct 2018
UKERC and 1010 are delighted to announce that ‘The Heat Network’, a project which forms part of the UKERC Whole Systems Networking Fund is now up and running. The project will use a combination of survey work, workshops and publications to for the first time pull together those researching and innovating around sustainable heating. The first step is a survey.
Ever wondered why there aren’t more women working, innovating and researching in the energy sector?
Networking Fund Event, 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM, 25 June 2018
Imperial College, Central London (venue TBC), United Kingdom
Share this page