Whole Systems Networking Fund: project announcement
16 Feb 2018
The first call received a large number of high quality applications from a range of institutions around the UK and across the energy sector. We are pleased to announce the results of the first call, with successful projects listed below.
Loughborough University & Oxford Policy Management
- A networking project between researchers, policy-makers and practitioners working on energy resilience in sub-Saharan Africa, South-East Asia and the UK.
- Networking and skills-building events for women in the energy sector, with a particular focus on connecting researchers with policy-makers.
- A project to identify women working in energy and whole systems energy research, and to run a series of online and offline networking events to highlight the capacity of women in the energy sector.
Queen Mary University London, University of Aberdeen & University of St Andrews
- A joint project between several global institutions to further the role of law in delivering the low-carbon economy whilst exploring/improving definitions of ‘justice’ and the idea of a ‘just transition’.
Environmental Defense Fund Europe
- A series of workshops to coproduce recommendations that incorporate diverse perspectives from stakeholders across the energy sector in relation to a specific Bill being put to the House of Lords.
More information about each the projects will be available soon.
Press Release 10 Nov 2017
The UK Energy Research Centre has launched a £1.5 million Whole Systems Networking Fund. Funded by EPSRC, this scheme aims to improve the diversity, communications and collaboration between people working on whole energy systems and those engaged in more disciplinary focused areas of research, including academics, policy-makers and industry.
Press Release 03 Apr 2017
UKERC awarded £1.5M to establish Networking Fund for Energy Research Community
Share this page