Years Active: 2009-2014
Retrofitting low-carbon technologies to existing buildings is critical. The 'Energy Use in Buildings' project addressed the pace of technical change, variance in energy use between similar buildings and the scope for reduction, both behavioural and technical. Policy research, both on new policies (e.g. the Green Deal) and existing regulations (e.g. building standards) was also a part of this work.
- Rosenow, J. (2013). The politics of the German CO2-Building Rehabilitation Programme. Energy Efficiency 6 (2): 219-238.
- Rosenow, J., Eyre, N., Bürger, V. and Rohde, C. (2013). Overcoming the Upfront Investment Barrier - Comparing the German CO2 Building Rehabilitation Programme and the British Green Deal. Energy & Environment (1): 83-104.
- Mallaburn, P. and Eyre, N. (2013). Lessons from energy efficiency policy and programmes in the UK 1973 to 2012. Energy Efficiency 1-19.
- Rosenow, J., and Galvin, R. (2013). Evaluating the Evaluations: evidence from energy efficiency programmes in Germany and the UK. Energy & Buildings 62: 450–458.
- Bulkeley, H., Schroeder, H., and Janda, K. (2011) The role of institutions, governance and planning for mitigation and adaptation by cities. In, Hoornweg, D., Frire, M., Lee, M., Bhada, P. and B. Yuen (eds.) Cities and Climate Change: An urgent agenda. The World Bank, Washington, DC. pp. 68-88.
- Bergman, N. and Eyre, N. (2011). What role for microgeneration in a shift to a low carbon domestic energy sector in the UK? Energy Efficiency 4 (3): 335-353.
- Urge-Vorsatz, D., N. Eyre, P. Graham, et al. (2011). Knowledge Module 10: Energy End Use: Buildings. In The Global Energy Assessment (GEA). Laxenburg, Austria: IIASA.
- Oreszczyn, T. and Lowe, R.J. (2010). Thoughts on Energy and Buildings Research in the UK: objectives, methods and funding mechanisms. Building Research and Information, 38 (1): 107-122.
- Summerfield, A. J., Pathan, A. , Lowe, R. J. and Oreszczyn, T. (2010). Changes in energy demand from low-energy homes. Building Research and Information, 38 (1): 42-49.
- Summerfield, A.J., Lowe, R.J. and Oreszczyn, T. (2010). Two Models for Benchmarking UK Domestic Energy Demand. Building Research and Information, 38 (1): 12-24.
- Layberry, R. (2009). Analysis of errors in degree days for building energy analysis using Meteorolgical Office weather station data. Building Services Engineering Research and Technology, 30 (1): 79-86.
- Layberry, R. (2009) Improvements to the Meteorological Office equations in the computation of degree days. Building Services Engineering Research and Technology, Vol. 30, No. 4, 357-362.
- Lowe, R.J. (2009). Policy and strategy challenges for climate change and building stocks. Building Research and Information, 37 (2): 206-212.
- Janda, K.B. (2009) Worldwide status of energy standards for buildings: a 2009 update. ECEEE Summer Study, Colle Sur Loop, France, European Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, 1-6 June 2009. www.eceee.org/conference_proceedings/eceee/2009