Developing a Bioenergy Roadmap for the UK
16 Apr 2007
This workshop brought together a wide range of individuals and organisation with an interest in bioenergy for heat, power and liquid transport. This included researchers from universities and research institutes, Government Research Councils, Government Departments, stakeholders from industry and others. The meeting was convened to begin the process of developing a UK Bioenergy Research Roadmap, which will be completed before the end of 2007.
The aims of the workshop were:
- To prioritise research activity and overcome the gaps in knowledge in bioenergy
- To influence research funding strategies in energy research.
- To encourage closer collaboration between academic research groups and technology developers
- To seek funding for collaborative research from Research Councils, DTI, DEFRA, Carbon Trust EU, etc.
- To establish partnerships with the outside the existing bioenergy research community
- Create the Research Roadmap for bioenergy to 2020 and 2050.