UKERC Flexible Research Fund Town Hall Meeting
14 Jul 2014
The flexible research fund has a number of objectives, including:
- To bring a wider range of researchers and disciplines into UKERC’s research programme, including researchers from outside the energy community;
- To build collaborations between the UKERC research community and other research communities – including other energy researchers, groups and centres;
- To allow the research programme to develop flexibility in the light of new scientific insights or external developments (e.g. in energy policy);
- To fill gaps in the UKERC research programme and/or the wider Research Councils Energy Programme; and
- To scope and develop new research agendas in partnership with funders, the research community and other stakeholders.
Around forty academics and representatives of other organisations attended the meeting. This report summarises the research questions and ideas that were proposed by meeting participants, and presents UKERC’s analysis of these proposals and the priorities identified by participants.