Selection Process and Criteria
Applications are reviewed by the Meeting Place manager, the UKERC Research Director and appropriate academic experts. Assessment of applications will be based on compatibility with the Meeting Place selection criteria (see below).
In selecting proposals, the Meeting Place will ensure that the profile of its activities over time offer variety and balance, reflecting activities and priorities of all areas of the energy research community.
Selection Criteria for Meeting Place activities
- Activities must focus primarily on energy.
- Activities and outputs should benefit the UK energy community.
- UKERC aspires to a whole systems integrated approach involving interdisciplinary working. Priority will be given to proposals which work towards this aspiration.
- There need to be clear objectives and outcomes on which to focus that will achieve change aligned with the objectives of the Meeting Place.
- The Meeting Place strongly encourages international collaboration.
- Proposers should ensure they have sufficient time available to undertake preparation, planning and delivering/disseminating specified outputs in partnership with Meeting Place staff.
- Proposals must offer value for money and be additional to that which would otherwise receive funding.
- The Meeting Place strives to ensure that the profile of its activities over time offer variety and balance, reflecting activities and priorities of all areas of the energy research community.